Run Mad as often as you choose, but do not Faint



Friday, April 30, 2010

To Know How Far I've Come

It's important to remember how we felt and what we thought we knew...to see how far we have come.

While I embrace all that I have ever been and will ever be I am happy to have manifested myself out of the chaos and learned how to put my energy out there; instead of ignorantly entrapping it and letting it overrun me.

This is something I just found that I wrote on June 13, 2000: (I have edited down the length)

The world lives around me
Humming through.
My body aches, I want
To fall apart.
I can no longer bend.

Where does sanity keep?
In the waves of the ocean,
That promise to
Rip me from my bones.
I no longer care to think

I wish I could swell
A little further,
So I might burst.
Intangible:
Tight masks and iron cages.

A hard and polished stone
Goes silent in my chest.

I don't fit. A rubber band
Snaps against my wrist.
Red marked pain.
The atmosphere is too thick,
How do you all breathe?

Wash over me.
I see my own scream.
Ropes twist like snakes -
A sword I try and wield
Let me

Tighten that.
Cut your translucent coat.
I swim the channel.
Grab my own mind,
Shake it loose...

No comments:

Post a Comment